Sadly I did not reach my running goal for last year of 365 miles. I did 48.1 miles in 2013. That’s the lowest amount of mileage in a calendar year that I’ve ever done since I started keeping track. Am I sad or depressed about not reaching my goal? Not really. It is what it is. I will recycle that goal for 2014 though. (Already got 1 mile in 2014. Go me!)
I generally try not to dwell on the past. Which is probably why I’m a lousy blogger. Once an event is done I’m usually kind of over it.
In the interest of a yearly wrap up though I’ll try to list some of the things that I remember from this past year.
- Had some testosterone issues at the beginning of the year. Those seem to have worked themselves out as I (very, very) slowly continue to lose weight and build muscle.
- Did not use the video camera I got nearly as much as I thought I would.
- Stopped wearing the zero drop dress shoes because they made my heels bleed.
- Made my annual pilgrimage to Orlando in January to ride Harley’s with my mates. Unfortunately that weekend we tragically lost one of our own on the ride. I still think of him every time I see a motorcycle. R.I.P. Kenneth Kajaerbye.
- My son graduated from high school and then started college in the Fall.
- Started fixing up the house by landscaping the front yard, painting trim, and replacing lights.
- Spent a wonderful week on an island in Maine in August. Learned a lot about boats (they need GAS to go!) and got to shoot a lot of different types of firearms.
- Started writing to a penpal (with a PEN and PAPER and everything!) in TX as an excuse to use a new fountain pen. If anyone else wants to commit to putting pen to paper once or twice a month, let me know. I’d love to be writing regular letters.
- Attended the wedding of two of my dearest friends. They asked me to be one of their unofficial photographers so I spent a lot of time doing that. I loved getting to play around with my camera more but I wish I could have also exercised my neglected social skills more.
- Spent a long weekend in Historic Colonial Williamsburg with my wife’s family and got to play with my camera some more.
All in all it was a decent enough year but I’m really hoping 2014 will be much, much better.